Ride? Hell ya I can ride, I was riding when I fell off!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back in the day

Welcome!  After sharing some recent stories with a dear friend, I have been convinced to show my colors to the entire world via blogging.  I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I am enjoying living them.  Join the ride, but with caution :)

I will do my best to get you up to date on my life.  I may have to break it up into a couple of posts because it wasn't easy getting where I am now, lol!

1989

Bringing you up to speed in the tiniest nutshell you can imagine...
I was born on the Matador Ranch outside of Reese, Kans.  My dad worked there for over 10 years before breaking his neck on the main ranch in Matador, Texas and making the decision to move on from this outfit.  We then moved to Fall River, Kans. where my dad was the heifer manager of the Diamond R Ranch for another 10 years.  After graduating from Fredonia High School in 1999, I went on to Pratt Community College here in Kansas and then to Oklahoma State University where I graduated in 2003 with a B.S. in Agricultural Education.  You will come to find out I took the B.S. part seriously!  I moved home that summer and met victim #1... We'll call him "Ren".  We married October 22, 2004 and moved to an outfit in Hepler, Kans.  Separated in December, 2005 and divorced shortly after.  Entertainment from this encounter will follow in later posts... have no worries about that :)  Welcome victim #2... "Stimpy".  We married April 15, 2006, already pregnant with twin girls, Jacksen Irene and Masen Jo, who arrived October 26 that year.  16 months later, February 26, 2008, son Colter Ryan arrived.  We separated October, 2009.  Which brings us to date... The single cowgirl back on the prowl.  Have no fear, many stories will be told along the way to fill in the gaps above.  And, as you can imagine, if you think it sounds like a whirlwind already, you have no idea what a tornado the gaps turned out to be!  The focus, however, will be the complete insanity of my life with my three beautiful children and my failed attempts to re-enter the dating world... stay tuned!

3 comments:

Amy Potter said...

Sounds Great.....i cant wait to ride the storm out of the 'betweens'.....please keep sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

This should be fun!

Kelly Stephens Powell said...

After reading, a friend pointed out better names would have ben "Run" and "Stumpy" as they reflect their true identities better!